From beginner athletes to elite professionals, massage therapy has shown to have major benefits regardless of the participant’s fitness level. Athletes seeking enhanced performance, improved conditioning, faster recovery, injury prevention and assistance in maintaining peak fitness can benefit from massage therapy.
Massage has been shown to have myriad positive effects including:
- – Reducing muscle tension
- – Helps athletes monitor muscle tone
- – Promoting relaxation
- – Increasing range of motion
- – Improving soft tissue function
- – Decreasing muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise
- – Improving exercise performance
- – Decreasing delayed onset muscle soreness
- – Reducing swelling
- – Reducing breathing pattern disorders
- – Enhancing athletic performance
- – Helping prevent injuries
By combining your exercise routine with massage therapy, you will be able to train longer and harder and make the most of your workout. Not convinced? Research some of your favorite world-class athletes, and you’re likely to see that a massage therapist is a key component in their regimen to maintain strength, stamina and overall healthy muscles.